The doctors and staff at Ormskirk House Surgery in St Helens are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
The practice was established by Dr O’Donovan’s grandfather, Dr Fox at 6 Baldwin Street, St Helens, in 1889 with a branch surgery at 77 Armsbridge Road, Sutton.
Dr Dennis O’Donovan joined the Practice in 1920 and the Practice moved to 51 Ormskirk Street, St Helens, in 1941. He was in partnership with Dr Caffey and Dr Burrill. Dr Gerard O’Donovan joined in 1963 and was joined soon after by Dr Mather, Dr Filletti became a member of the practice in 1984.
In 1992 the surgery moved to the premises of 51A Ormskirk Street and in 2010 moved to the current purpose built premises at the Lowe House Resource Centre 103 Crab Street, St Helens, and have a branch surgery at 47 Junction Lane, Sutton, St Helens.